I’ve been getting more and more queries from people wanting to write guest articles for me; about 10 a week or so. I usually reply individually to each person but I’ve decided to now publish those guidelines which will save me a great deal of time.
I thought a blanket policy would work much better and so if you are interested in writing for me, and would like one of your articles published, please continue reading.
My standards are quite high. I’ve worked hard on this blog and poured many thousands of hours into what you see today.
I will insert an important caveat here: If your ultimate goal is just to get a link back to your website to increase your search engine rankings, then I kindly ask that you take this no further.
I believe in equal exchange I would like for us to work together for our mutual benefit. I don’t just want it to be a one off guest article. I would like us to create a full working synergy. I will help promote you and your work and I would like for you to promote me. If all of that resonates with you so far then keep reading.
- Please write the post with any relevant HTML formatting ready for me to copy directly into WordPress. (If I have to edit the piece it will sadly be rejected.)
- Please triple check the spelling and grammar on the article before sending it to me.
- The post must be non promotional and heartfelt. have a very clear subject and a very strong focus on providing advice, guidance, help and provide the reader with practical tips.
- The title and first paragraph must make it very clear to the reader what the piece is about. Here’s an example of something I wrote with a format that works well and is popular – Enlightened Thoughts
- I do like pictures on my articles and would love it, if it came with a wonderful picture to accompany the piece.
- I do have very high standards when it comes to guest articles. Here’s a guest post someone wrote for me to use as a benchmark. – Hilarious Blogs
- I would like a link back from your blog or website to the article and ample promotion of the article on your social media platforms. I kindly ask that the link stay active for the life of your blog. As for the social media promotion, I would like it included on your Facebook/Google+ pages and tweeted at least 3 times, at different points during the day, to maximise exposure. I will also promote it on all my social media pages including Facebook and Twitter.
- You will of course get a link back to your website with a by-line at the top and bottom of the article.
There we have it! If by now I haven’t scared you off then I think we’ll get along fine!
If you’re a blogger like me and get many requests for guest articles, and you want to steal these guidelines for yourself, please feel free to do so.
Whether we work together or not, I wish you all the best with your writing career.